dimanche 30 mars 2008

Le Roi Lion!

Thursday: I enjoyed my life on Thursday! I went to class in the morning (that wasn’t too fun) and then I bought a sandwich and went home to enjoy my lunch while listening to music at the dining room table. I then went up to my room and took a little nap before I went to the gym. After the gym I joined Rachel at a place here in town called Le Vertigo! We met up with some of our French friends that we met about a month ago! IT WAS AMAZING!

The entire evening things kept getting louder and louder, but I was able to understand almost everything that was said to me! The people that we were with are vachement chouette! Ils sont vraiment géniaux! I spent most of the evening talking with two girls and a guy. The girls’ names are Mandy and Maude and the guy’s name I forgot, so we’ll just call him Jacques. We talked all night about different things about France and the United States. They love the United States (like most French students)! They take classes at the university about American history. Go figure! They asked me if I knew certain things about French history and if I could sing La Marseilles (French National Anthem). They were shocked that I could sing it word for word. I thought they were going to cry. We then sang a few Disney songs in French! It was very amusing to think that all of my time waited sitting in front of the computer learning Hakuna Matata in French actually paid off! Hakuna Matata! Mais quelle phrase magnifique! Hakuna Matata quelle chante fantastique! After a while (after they became a bit tipsy from too much alcohol) we went to McDonald’s™. Gag me with a spoon! I bought a salad because the last time I ate a hamburger at McDonald’s™ I thought my insides were going to fall out when I went to the…

After MacDo we went to the beautiful university to my friend Bastian’s room. We hung out there for a while and talked some more. This time we talked about religion. Mandy asked me all sorts of questions because French students don’t have a lot of connaissance (←French word: sorry I can’t think of an english word!) concerning things religious. It was very interesting to say the least.

Afterwards I walked Rachel home and went home myself. I then received a call from my mom at 01h00 in the morning FRENCH TIME! Thanks mom! It wasn’t bad. I was still awake and very happy to hear from her. She told me that she would call me today; however… It’s not quite 01h00 yet, so maybe I’ll have to wait and see!

Aucun commentaire: