samedi 9 février 2008

Appelez Jerry!

So, Cole didn’t go to the beach. We got into town too late and missed the bus. Sad day! For some reason this put me in a very bad mood, so I just went home and, had some bread with Nutella™, drank some coffee, and took a nap. It was a long nap too! After my nap I got up and had dinner.

Tonight Yves-Marie went to get some butter for his bread and, I kid you not, the kids flipped out! I was almost rolling in the floor from laughter. They think that if he eats too many things that are bad for his health that he will die. Yves starting screaming something along the lines of “I guess it’ll just be Benedict, mom, and I if you keep eating like that!” He didn’t care. He ate it anyway. I was secretly rooting for him. If I flipped out every time my dad ate something that wasn’t good for him, somebody would have to put me in a mental institution! Hélène also took the cheese away so that Yves-Marie wouldn’t eat it either. She says that cheese makes you fat, so old people can’t eat it. She then started telling Yves-Marie how much healthier she was than him. He still didn’t care as he ate his breaded butter. Yves finally just had to leave as it was all just too much! I told Yves-Marie that he needed to wait until everyone was in bed and then he and I would sneak down to the kitchen for some cheese, bread, and butter. He liked that idea, but Benedict abruptly disagreed! I might have to call Jerry on this family!


Commercial:
WHEN FATHERS EAT TOO MUCH JUNK
Hélène: Yves-Marie you never exercise! (chair flies across the stage)
Benedict: Papa I hate it when you eat cheese! (chair number 2 flies)
Yves: I CAN’T TAKE THIS!
Yves-Marie: (swimming in a vat of butter) Shut up and eat your yogurt!
– NEXT ON JERRY SPRINGER!

Tonight I’m using the washing machine for the first time (Big deal)! The entire machine is in French (duh!). I’m hoping that I put the little soap tablet in the right place. If not I might have to go on Jerry with the family!

Tomorrow morning Rachel and I will be going to a protestant church here in town. I was told that there are some university students who go there and that they would love for us to come. I hope I will meet some nice French Christians! Religion in this country is as old as the buildings! It’s almost as if it was something that happened in the past, but has become so old that it no longer pertains to everyday life. Most of the people in the country are Atheists. There have got to be over twenty-five massive cathedrals in this town, but Hélène was telling me that there are only a few priests that conduct services at all of the churches because there aren’t enough people to have a priest for each church. Sad! They are amazed when I tell them about Texas and how popular it is to go to church on Sundays. Hélène almost fell out of her chair when I told her that my college group in Waco has over 400 students.

Please pray that this new church will be a very positive experience for me! I have needed to meet people in this country that are as passionate about the Lord as my friends back at Baylor. I’m very excited to see how things turn out!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Jacques! J'm this blog! I wanted to tell you that I had to talk about you in class the other day...let's just say it was a story on how international calling cards work/don't work in Europe. The kids all gasped when I told them how much your hotel phone bill was! So you are forever immortalized in WA State. Have fun in France today and know your Mom and I are waiting for your next post!

Mme :)

Anonyme a dit…

SHOES!