lundi 4 février 2008

La Vie Ennuyeuse

WHERE’S THE BEEF? Since most of you probably don’t remember this line, I’ll go ahead and let you know that it’s from an old Wendy’s® commercial. As you may have already discovered, when anything exciting happens, it happens at dinner. Not tonight. For some reason the Groussiers decided to quickly eat a light dinner. That’s nice, except for the fact that I am famished! All day I walked through the streets smelling the food from the patisseries thinking, “I’ll be eating soon! I’ll be eating soon!” Soon came, but the food did not. Potatoes, salad, bread, and cheese was all. No meat! I know I sound like I’m whining, but if you know me at all, you know that I love to eat! A lot! Oh well, one night of going to bed hungry won’t kill me.


My first day of preliminary classes was ok. It was a bit boring, but ok nonetheless. All the professors really wanted to do was stand at the front of the room and talk about nothing. I could understand them, but nothing is nothing whether it’s in English or French. There’s another American girl in my class that ate it up, but I think I’ll pass. I’m ready for something interesting.

To be completely honest, boring has been the theme of my life for the past few days. I’m in France, but bored to tears! So far I still haven’t met any French people despite my efforts yet again today in the cafeteria. I went in and asked to sit next to these two guys. They told me I could sit next to them, but when I asked them what their names were; the conversation didn’t go very far. They asked me where I was from but that was about it. Oh yeah, they also asked about the Super bowl.



After lunch I hung out again around town with my friends, but after that I just came home and ate some potatoes. Now I’m sitting here playing free cell again. I am now able to beat the game every time I play it! Yay.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Cole,

Continue to have faith. It saddens me to hear you so down when the Cole I know is always so excited about life and opportunities that come along. Continue to look for the positives of each day. I have confidence that God will provide you French friends and your time in France will be memorable. Know that you have many friends hear praying for you and missing you. Give me a call if you ever need to chat.

Sharia

Anonyme a dit…

Soit courageux, Cole! C'est toujours difficile de s'habituer a une nouvelle culture et un nouvel environnement, mais je suis absolument sure que tu vas te debrouiller!!

Anonyme a dit…

Peut-etre c'est ennuyeux maintenant, mais pas pour longetemps! J'ecutais que la meilleure facon de connaitre des francaises est de devenir un membre d'un "societe" (french equivalencies to clubs) a la universite. Un ami m'a dit que quand il est en france il etait dans la societe de frisbe ou un chose comme ca et il a connu beaucoup des francaises!! :)

COURAGE MON AMI!

-Andrea

Elizabeth a dit…

It'll be ok. Once classes have gotten into the swing of things, it'll get better. And maybe you'll form study groups and meet French people. Bon Chance!

Elizabeth

Anonyme a dit…

Bonjour! I'm "Andre," and I'm in Madame Tombs' French I class. She showed us your blog during class today and I thought it was really cool.
I really hate it when people act like that (the two men in the cafeteria), the world would be a much better place if people would just make an effor to get to know each other. At least you'll never lose free cell again!