mercredi 30 janvier 2008

1re Jour à Paris

So it hits me, why don't I just go to the university to use the internet! Duh! And it works! Praise the Lord! Where do I start? Well, I guess I can tell you what Paris was like.

The flight to Paris was good except for the fact that my friend Rachel and I only got about two hours of sleep each. When we got into Paris we knew that we weren't going to be able to go to bed because it was 8:40am and if we did, we would never get used to the new time zone. So we decided to get our luggage and take it to the hotel before we ventured into the city. We asked the stewardess on the plane if he would advise us to take a taxi to the hotel and he told us that it would cost about $100. We decided then that we would take our chances with the metro. Oh was that a journey! It seems as if you are handicap in Paris, you are not allowed to use the metro. We had to climb up and down more stairs than I ever want to see again in my life! And please do remember that we had luggage for four+ months! It was crazy! Once we finally got to our hotel the man let us leave our luggage in the lobby until check in time at 3:00pm. We then went to a place known in France as a Tobac. Here you can buy cigarettes, lotto tickets, and COFFEE! Coffee is exactly what we needed after not having slept! When we were through with our coffee we went to check in at the hotel and then ventured into Paris!
While in Paris we saw L'Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower! At the Eiffel Tower we decided to climb the stairs instead of take the elevator just to say that we did! Guess what? I took the stairs up the Eiffel Tower! There, I said it! Anyway, on the first platform they have snow and snow shoes for people to wear and glide around the Eiffel Tower. When we got to the second platform we took the elevator because there are no stairs that go all the way to the top. Sad day! The view of Paris is amazing (see the slide show above entitled, La Tour Eiffel)! When we were done we went to the bottom and called home. I got to speak with my little brother and Rachel spoke with her parents and good friend. We then got something to eat at a pizza place next to our hotel where we were sitting next to these two people who kept starring at us. I couldn't understand what they were saying until I later discovered that they are staying in the room next to us in the hotel and that they are from the Netherlands. When I saw them in the hall and started to speak French to them but they didn't understand. When they discovered I could speak English it we had a nice conversation. They told me that that they thought Rachel and I were French because they heard us speaking French with one another. Isn't that ironic?

Aucun commentaire: