mercredi 18 juillet 2012

Elevator Pitch!


ENGLISH: You know some times there are things that come out of our mouths and before we realize what we are about to say, it’s too late… Imagine the most ideal place for such a wonderful moment to pass: the company elevator!

This morning I came to work with some pastries to celebrate the return of my boss after her two weeks of vacation. While going up to the 5th floor, the elevator stopped on the 4th floor to let one of girls from human resources get on. When I told her that I had brought pastries for everyone, she said to me “how is this so?” which, in French, sounded to me as if she had said, “How do we spank ourselves?”, to which I respond intelligently, “How do we spank ourselves? Like this!”  As soon as I strategically place my hand towards my behind region, I see the look on her face… I thought that she was going to cry… For 5 seconds I was convinced that I would be arrested for sexual harassment! How would I have explained to my family that I was fired because I wanted to spank myself in front of a co-worker in the elevator?!?! Luckily for me and for my future career, I was able to get my way out of such a mess! Woo! Given the fact that we were in such an enclosed space, I couldn’t pretend like I hadn’t said anything, so I just hurried up and changed the subject by saying, “I can’t believe you just said that! Anyway, how are you doing?” Fortunately she followed me in this sudden transition! Afterwards, I wasn’t convinced that she had fully understood what had just happened, and I didn’t care! She followed me to my office while telling me about her life while I tried to regain my natural skin color. So as far as I am concerned, the story is over; however, as we all know, women do not forget anything! It is 11:23pm and I’ll bet that she is comfortably sitting at home telling her boyfriend about our little incident. I am afraid that when I get to work in the morning, I will have to face a masked man with an axe in his hands!!! I’m dead! I love you all! Sweet dreams! Good night!

FRANÇAISVous savez que parfois il y a des choses qui sortent de nos bouches et au moment où nous nous rendons compte de la bêtise que nous venons de raconter, c’est trop tard… Imaginez l’endroit  idéal pour une telle connerie : l’ascenseur de l’entreprise !

Ce matin j’arrive au travail avec des viennoiseries pour fêter le retour des vacances de ma responsable. En montant au 5ème étage, l’ascenseur s’arrête au 4ème pour laisser monter une de mes collèges des ressources humaines. Quand je lui dis que j’ai ramené des viennoiseries pour tout le monde, elle me répond, « Comment se fait ce ? » chose à laquelle je réponds intelligemment, « Comment on se fesse ? Ben comme ça ! » Et au moment où je place stratégiquement ma main vers la région de mon derrière, je vois son visage… Je pensais qu’elle allait pleurer… Pendant 5 seconds j’étais convaincu que je serais bientôt emprisonné pour harcèlement sexuelle ! Comment allais-je dire à ma famille que j’étais viré parce que je voulais me fesser devant une collègue dans l’ascenseur ?!?! Heureusement pour moi et ma future carrière, j’ai réussi à m’en sortir ! Ouf ! Etant donné l’espace réduite dans laquelle nous nous sommes trouvés, je ne pouvais pas faire semblant de n’avoir rien dit ; donc, j’ai vite changé le sujet en disant « Tu dis n’importe quoi ! Sinon, comment vas-tu ? » Elle m’a heureusement suivi dans ce soudain changement ! Après, je n’étais pas convaincu qu’elle avait bien compris ce qui venait de se passer, et je m’en fichais ! Elle m’a suivi jusqu’à mon bureau en parlant de sa vie lorsque j’essayais  de retrouver la couleur normale de ma peau. Du coup, pour moi, c’est la fin de l’histoire ; néanmoins, comme nous le savons tous, les filles n’oublient jamais rien ! Il est 23h23 et j’imagine qu’elle est tranquillement chez-elle en train de raconter cette affreuse histoire à son conjoint. J’ai peur que quand j’arrive au travail demain matin, je vais devoir me défendre contre un homme masqué avec une hache à la main !!! Je suis cuit ! Je vous aime tous ! Faites des beaux rêves ! Bonne nuit !

Aucun commentaire: