mercredi 19 mars 2008

Je Peux Épeler Pâtisserie!

When I started to write this post I was very happy. Now, that is not the case. After I was finished writing this post for the first time, I changed the keyboard into French for some random reason and I accidentally closed the document without saving it. STUPID! I want to punch myself in the nose! What I wanted to say was that I was very happy. I was thinking God for the fact that I can speak French and for the fact that I am in France etc… I promise, it was much more poetic the first time! Now, you are stuck with me being all frustrated! I will try to be nicer.

Today I started my day with a baguette and a croissant; both were full of Nutella™! I only wanted to baguette, but Benedict approached me in the dining room and asked if I wanted a croissant as well. You know me! I never say no when it comes to food! When I got to school I had a bit of a stomach ache. Ben, qu’est qu’on va faire ?


After my class I met the mother and the grandfather of Phil Cristensten at the train station. Rachel was there as well. Before they arrived Rachel and I were speaking in French. When they arrived I had a bit of a hard time speaking in english. It wasn’t that big of a deal. After a few minutes I was an American again. It was a great day! We showed them le château de Guillaume le Conquérant and our beautiful university (the university is next to the château unfortunately)! After that we had lunch in a pâtisserie called Paul. It was a true French meal! After lunch we showed them the route back to their hotel and Rachel and I walked back to centre ville for some café.



At the café the waiter spoke with us and asked us for our names. Rachel was very happy because she was saying beforehand that she wanted to know his name. We see him all of the time! After a bit of conversation we exchanged phone numbers and he had to leave. Rachel, full of caffeine, decided that one day we will be good friends with the waiter and one night after the café is closed, we will dance on the tables while listening to music. I don’t know what the waiter put in her coffee, but I know that for some reason she was super excited!



After the café I went to the gym (the music in the locker room still isn’t working!) and then back home to get my laptop and return to the café to use the internet. I translated all of my posts from French to english and checked my e-mail. I am sorry; I didn’t have time for facebook. When I was finished with my blog I hurried home because I was late for dinner. I called Hélène to apologize. It wasn’t that big of a deal luckily! After dinner I watched a couple of shows with Hélène and Yves-Marie. That made me very happy because I could understand everything they were saying on the TV! My French is getting better with each day! One of these days I will be completely fluent!


4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Hey just so you know CL placement goes out on Friday so make sure you check your email or the web : )

Sarah Gail a dit…

I'm glad to hear things are going well! I made banana bread tonight. After reading about your favorite breakfast food so much, I put Nutella on it. It was pretty yummy!! Way to go France.

Anonyme a dit…

How long are Phil's mom and grandfather in town? That's fun!

CL Placement was yesterday...LONG day, but a good day overall. Like Sharia said, check your email after 5pm to see where you'll be.

Today's the last day of work before Easter break - Yippee! I can't wait to leave Waco to go visit my family. :) My granny is getting sick again, which isn't good, but hopefully she will feel better on Sunday.

Love you bunches!

Hugs,
Meredith

Elizabeth a dit…

This summer, you'll have to help me with French. I'm forgetting it all :-( and I miss it!!! I'm sure you're the right man to help me too since you'll be fluent by the time you leave ;-)