dimanche 9 mars 2008

La Reine!

Saturday. Happy day. HIGH SCHOOL DAY! ALERT THE MEDIA! As you may know, I am forced to go to a French café every day to use the internet! It’s horrible! I’m just kidding; forcing me into a French café is like trying to feed a Twinkie™ to a group of kids at a fat camp. It’s just not that hard! Today: pfft…(That’s the noise the French make when something isn’t worth discussing). Rachel and I met up at Saint Pierre for lunch and café. We landed in the same internet café, but this time it was plein (full) of high school students. If you’re a high school student, please know that the Lord loves you, but please understand that I would prefer that you stay home when I’m trying to enjoy my life in a French café! As we were enjoying our time in this café, a mob moved in to take up all of the places next to the outlets. The computer was dying and Rachel was crying over the amount of people present. We had to speak very loudly to hear one another, so they all knew that we were crazy Americans. At one point I said, “The prom queen will be coming through that door any minute now!” Five minutes later… (Insert the song “Dancing Queen”) the prom queen and her court arrived (flowers in hand)! I kid you not; a girl walked in with three friends all holding bouquets of flowers! I thought Rachel was going to throw a spoon at her head! She withheld her anger. Ok, maybe I was angrier than she was, but nonetheless, WE LEFT!

We went to Rachel’s house to use the internet, but for some reason my blog wouldn’t come up! That’s why today you get to read two blog posts! YAY! I then went home for dinner and then back out again with Rachel to make another effort. That makes number 1,234,354,987,368,21 and 1! Maybe I’ve exaggerated, but it feels like more than that even! We walked around and even sat down in a few cafés and bars before we decided on the right one. We ended up in the same café where we first met our old French friends who abandoned us the next night. We found a place in the middle of the room and waited! At one point an older couple sat in the empty chairs next to us. We were SO mad! We prayed that they would get a hot passion for one another and leave the room! THEY DID! YAY! But, then a group of smelly guys took their place. It was like beating a dead horse! Oh well! We left and went home for the night.

This morning (Sunday) Rachel was supposed to go on a trip to Honfleur, but missed the bus. I got a call at 9h35 saying, “Cole, I’ll see you at church.” I was happy to hear that I wouldn’t be there alone. Linden never goes and Jonathan went to Paris. I met Rachel at the tram stop and also ran into my English friend Carley and a French girl that we had met the other night at church. Her name is Pascal. We all walked to church together and enjoyed a VERY good sermon! After that, Rachel and I went to town to eat with Carley and our friend Magali. We then ended up back in the internet café where the Lord spoke!

After Magali and Carley left the café, two blond French girls walked in and took a seat. I told Rachel that she needed to potty and stop for a casual conversation. She’s such a good friend! I sat at my computer while Rachel went to town! I wasn’t exactly sure what they were talking about, but I do know that on their way out, they handed Rachel a phone number and told her to call them for a soirée! SCORE! Too be continued…! (PRAY THAT THIS SEQUAL ISN’T AS BAD AS THE LAST ONE!)

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Sounds like another good day out and about. So, is this how you meet Mrs. Right? Cause I don't think there are good places to go in Waco, if that's the case - for me!

I about died laughing when you talked about the older couple sitting next to you. My natural eye began to read faster and I didn't fully read that they left...I read that you prayed they wold get a hot passion for one another and THEY DID! - so I envisioned an old couple making out next to you, and then I started laughing - and then I re-read what you had actually written, and then my laughter was busted. boo.

Anyhoo, I'm excited about the potential "sequal" and I'll be praying!

Watch out for old people making out this week, ok?

Hugs,
Meredith