mercredi 2 septembre 2009

Le Nouveau Chemin!

OH LA LA! That’s all I can really say that accurately describes this feeling! I leave for the airport in three hours! By the time you read this, I may already be in the air or in France. As I spoke with Bradley Speer last night over one last cup of Roasters Coffee, I explained to him that leaving for France is like riding a roller coaster for the very first time. You know that it’s going to be fun, but as you climb that first hill, you fear for your life. Questions like: “Can I get off?” or “What if this thing breaks?” and “When will it be over?” begin to circulate in your head.

I wanted to share with you one last post before I leave the United States simply because there is no better time to express feelings than now! I’ve had one last dinner with the family, one last afternoon with mom, one last breakfast with a friend, and ever last hug I can get. I am mixed between wanting to laugh, wanting to cry, wanting to jump for joy, and wanting to scream! These feelings come from not wanting to leave my dear family, but looking forward to what waits for me in France.

As I have already mentioned to several people, I am not scared about going to France because I have never been there and don’t know what to expect, but rather because no matter what happens in life, change is scary! I know the language and the people; I just don’t know exactly what will happen! Will I be happy? Will I meet life time friends? Will I be anxious to come home? Will I never want to leave? WHO KNOWS?!?!

By this point in the post, you might be able to tell that I am sleep deprived and discombobulated like I have never been before! Please pray that things go well and that this journey allows me to go and bless others because I have been so blessed! I love every one of my family and friends and can’t express that enough!

1 commentaire:

Berg a dit…

i'm so excited for you, Cole! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers -- have an amazing time abroad and take advantage of every opportunity!